Monday, June 23, 2008

Foodie Vocabulary


When I was in school I loved vocabulary lessons. For as long as I can remember, I've enjoyed learning new words. I am a talker, so the more words I know the better I can express myself.  A fellow foodie friend of mine gave me a food lovers/word lovers dream for Christmas.  It's a book called, Food lover's Companion-More than 6,700 A-To-Z Entries describe foods, cooking techniques herbs, spices,desserts, wines, and ingredients for pleasurable dining. This book is great for all those food terms I hear being thrown around on shows like Top Chef. 
In the spirit of keeping this blog informative along with entertaining. I am going to post foodie vocabulary words. So you can wow your friends with your food knowledge. Our first word will be: 
Draw- 1. In cooking, to eviscerate; to remove the entrails, as from poultry o fish. 2. To clarify a mixture, as in drawn butter.

Ideally I would like to have  a new foodie word of the day. However, I don't know if I will be able to post everyday. But I promise to get a new word up as often as I can. Who know I may get up to a word a day. So if there is a food word or term you've been dying to know ask me and I'll post the definition for you!

1 comment:

RobD said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.