Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Place

It's Monday morning, and I am back in my cubicle answering e-mails and going to meeting. Talking about project plans, data integration etc...
But today my head is so far away. Today I want to be in my kitchen making a fabulous meal from my new Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. I want to go to the farmers market and buy fun fall ingredients for a great soup. Then as something bubbles away quietly on the stove or in the oven. I want to read my book and inhale all the great smells coming from my kitchen.
I have a confession during the week I don't really cook. By the time I get home from working all day an the gym. I just don't have the energy to make a great dinner. I usually just go for whatever is quick and easy.
I do have goals of having great weeknight meals that you can smell before you even walk up to the door. I really wish I could find a way for my Corporate side and my domestic side to co-exists.
I better get back to work! I have a fulfillment vendor report to create! Good times :)

1 comment:

The Scarcellas said...

Fulfillment Vendor Reports!?! I had one of those somewhere about this time last year! :) Awww, I our work day food chats about what's for dinner! Catch up soon. So much going on :)