Monday, August 18, 2008

I am baaaccck!

Hey everyone, I know it's been a long time since I've updated my blog. And as an avid blog reader myself I know how annoying it is not to have new post from your favorite bloggers. Then again it's not like you my loyal readers have been hounding me for a new post either. Only one reader asked about a new post? Where's the love?
Well, I am back and I promise to be more consistent with my updates. I'll do my part to write the food blogs if you'll do your and read it and tell your friends about it. Okay enough with the shameless pleas for readers. Now on to what I've been up to.
I haven't just been lazy the last few weeks, I've been busy. The last week in July I returned to the good old Land of Enchantment for a friends wedding. My mom came to visit me in California the week after that. Work has been busy and I even worked in another weekend trip to Palm Springs! 
Even though I haven't been blogging about food lately, doesn't mean I haven't eaten and made some great food while I was away.  My goal this week is to give an update on what I've been up to in the world of food lately. Here are just a couple of topics I plan to tackle. New easy desserts for summer, wedding cakes and Cory's addiction to Salsa and New Mexico Chile! So come back and see what I've been up to! In the meantime I am going to give you a foodie word of the day to hold you over until the next new post. The foodie word of the day is...

 Cruciferous vegetables - The scientific name for a group of vegetables that research has proven may provide protection against certain cancers. Cruciferous vegetables contain antioxidants. These vegetables , which are all high in fiber, vitamins and minerals, are: broccoli, Brussels spouts, cabbage, cauliflower, chard, kale, mustard greens rutabagas and turnips.

If you have any foodie words you want the definition for drop me a line in the comments and I'll be happy to post it! 
More updates on the way :)

1 comment:

FlyingDog said...

Woohoo! Glad to see you're back.