Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Food obsession of the week: FRITO PIE!


As I've mentioned before I tend to obsess on a food or a recipe until I either make it or go out and get it. Lately it's been all about desserts and baking. This week my thoughts have gone from sweet to savory.

This week all I can think about is Frito Pie! Now for those of you who aren't from the Southwest you may be wondering what the hell is Frito pie. Well I am going to tell you.

Frito Pie- is a bowl of Frito corn chips with Texas or New Mexico Red chili with meat poured over them. Top off with Cheddar cheese and onion and you've got Frito Pie!

I think the universe really wants me to make this for dinner because. My mom's office is having a Frito Pie party. My friend Sonya who teaches in Santa Fe was having it for lunch today. And Kirsten and I were both talking about how much we enjoy and miss Frito Pie.

This is an excellent cold day meal! Seeing that it's 80 degrees here today I don't need the Frito Pie to warm me up. It will make me feel cozy and all the same.

I may or may not make it for dinner tonight, but since my mind wont let it drop until I do make it. It will most likely be on the menu this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...Make me hungry! Frito Pies for breakfast?!?

Eating The Road said...

Frito Pie!!!
http://eatingtheroad.wordpress.com/2009/11/06/five-dime-general-store/