Friday, May 30, 2008

PANIC AT THE COCKTAIL PARTY!!!!!

I am officially in FULL PANIC MODE! The RSVP's are rolling in for my cocktail party tomorrow night and now I am up to 12 people! Bare in mind that my apart is only 900 sq ft! So I am not exactly sure how I am going to cram everybody in.
Then as I do every time I start spinning out of control with worry and panic I call my mother. And she usually is the calming, rational force in my life. However she does have her moments when unintentionally she does more harm then good. For example she asks me if I can find plastic martini classes for the guest. I prefer to use glass because the hold the chill of the ice better. She's like you have enough martini glasses for all those guest? Thanks mom now I have one more thing to worry about. So has she talks I quickly scribble down count glasses on my to do list. Then she asks "why did you invite so many people?!" Thanks mom that helps! Then when I start to explain why, beep my other line rings. And I kid you not this is exactly how the call went:
Kim: Hello
Caller: Your having a SATC party and you didn't fing invite Me?!
Kim: Who is this?! Is this C?!
Caller: Yes this Is C
Kim (thinking) I haven't seen or talked to you in three years
Kim: oh hi, I didn't invite you because I didn't have your new number or your e-mail address.
Caller: Well someone told me you were having a party and I should go to your palce.
Kim: Sure, come on over!
I figure what's one more person?! Plus this is what this night is all about right celebrating our friendships old and new and having a good time. I just need to keep this in mind! Needless to say I am totally useless at work! Who has time to schedule meetings and update project plans, when I have a cocktail party to throw! Priorities people priorities! Oh, and top it all off since it is SATC party all the girls are going to be dressed super cute. Meanwhile I dont' have time to shop for a cute new anything so now I have to hunt through my closet for something cute and chic. But thanks to Ruby I have the shoes covered!
All is not lost though! My dear friend has volunteered to come over after work and help me set up and shop for supplies! So with her and Cory (yes Cory you are going to help!) I will be fine and we will have fun! I am so excited to see this movie. But with all this party prep I am more excited about the cosmos then anything else. I am very blessed to have so many wonderful friends to share this with! I promise when you see me tomorrow I will be the picture of calm and relaxation ( well I can't promise anything).
Quote for today: It will all be fine in the end. If its not fine then its not the end!
Love ya (mean it)

No comments: