Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Easy as Pie



What do you do when it is ninety degrees in your apartment, and your fiancĂ© tells you we (as in me) are suppose to make dessert for a dinner party? Any other time I would be jumping at the chance to bake a wonderful dessert. I’ll use any excuse to turn on my kitchen aide.

But today, it was stifling hot in our apartment because we do not have air-conditioning and we were in the middle of a heat wave. So I had absolutely no desire to turn on the oven or stand in a hot kitchen for hours.

Just when I resolved myself to taking popsicles to the dinner party, my friend Amanda calls. I told her my predicament and she reminded me of a great recipe I gave to hear last year for peanut butter pie.

Not only is this pie delicious, it requires no baking and it’s served cold! Also you can whip this up in 20 minutes or less which means I would be out of the hot kitchen in no time. SCORE!

This is the perfect recipe for people who “don’t bake” or for the days when you have to whip up a dessert in a hurry! Try it out I guarantee you are going to love it!



Mrs. Slater’s Peanut Butter Pie:



Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream

• 1/4 cup sugar

• 8 ounces cream cheese

• 1 cup crunchy peanut butter

• 1 cup confectioners' sugar

• 1 graham cracker crust, store-bought or premade

Directions

Whip cream with 1/4 cup sugar. Mix all other ingredients until smooth and fold in whipped cream until well blended. Pour mixture into a graham cracker crust and chill for several hours before serving.

I like to drizzle some melted chocolate on top.

No comments: