Friday, September 25, 2009

Taste of San Diego

When I travel I like to experience cities through their food. So it would only make sense that when people come to visit me, I show them San Diego through food.

My longtime friend Amanda is coming to town this weekend with her husband and parents. Amanda and Mike have been to San Diego several times. They all ready know all the spots they want to eat at while they are here. Her parents have never really spent time here. So they are excited to taste for themselves all the great food Amanda has been talking about.

They will arrive tomorrow in time for lunch. The first place we are going to go is South Beach bar and grill in OB. Which some would say and I would agree, serve the best fish tacos in San Diego. South Beach is a total dive bar. When you walk in you wouldn't think they severed food, let alone really good food.

Don't let appearances fool you the tacos are outstanding. I took my mother there for the first time this summer and she has not stopped talking about it since. The fish in the tacos is really fresh and then they melt the cheese right on the tortilla, topped with crisp fresh cabbage and this magical yogurt sauce. These taco's are amazing! Paired with a nice cold beer or cocktail and you've got the recipe for a great afternoon and meal with friends.

I am really looking forward to their visit because, whenever they are in town I have a great excuse to eat at some of my favorite San Diego restaurants.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww, you included us in your blog. I'm honored to eat with you anywhere, anytime! Lets do Texas BBQ!