Thursday, October 22, 2009

Try this!

Summer is over! Fall is upon us and holiday season will be here tomorrow. I still have to tell you all about something I discovered this summer. It's a wonderful summer time sipping wine. Now if you live in SoCal like I do it's still warm enough to enjoy a nice chilled glass of white wine. Which is why I had to tell you all about it.

The wine is by Pine Ridge winery located in Napa Valley California. I had the extreme pleasure of visiting this winery this summer while on a business trip. Seriously the best business trip of my life. When we walked into Pine Ridge they greeted us with a glass of their Chenin Blanc - Viognier blend. This would be the wine I would drink while we toured the winery's vineyards and wine caves.

We tasted ALOT of wine that day and visited a few vineyards. For some reason this wine stuck with me long after I got home. I was in luck they sell it at BevMo for those of you who don't live in San Diego that's Beverages and More. This wine is just a little sweet and smells like ripe melons and peaches. It just tastes like summer! Crisps clean with a little sweetness. Perfect with chicken or bar-b-que.

Even though summer is over and we are a week away from Halloween I am still drinking this wine! Its the perfect for a night with my friends or a night of TV on the couch. It's easy drinking and will win over anybody who says they don't drink wine.

The best part is every time I crack open a bottle of this wonderful wine I am transported back to that beautiful summer day in Napa. Sipping wine eating cheese and thanking God that I was chosen to go on this trip!

Cheers~

No comments: