Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving week is here

Its here, Thanksgiving week. This week is all about planning and preparation. I have spent the last few days reading food magazine and watching every thanksgiving cooking special on TV. The one major take away I got from all of them is that planning is key.
I spent the day going through all my recipes and making one very long grocery list. Picking up my turkey and produce at the store. I've learned in past years the way to cut down on Thanksgiving day stress and melt downs (besides lots of wine) is to prep as many of my dishes as I can before hand. So that way on Thanksgiving morning all I really need to do is cook the turkey and the sides.
Prepping ahead of time is great if you have a small kitchen like me. I need as much free space as I can get. I also make a timeline for the day. So I know what's going in the oven when and how much time I am going to need to make sure everything is done at the same time.
Right now I am trying to decide if I should make my own pie crust or buy a crust from the store. I am a baking purest so I really want to make my own. On the other hand I have so much to do and I am making everything else from scratch, in an effort to save my sanity I may just buy a crust.
I a getting really excited and looking forward to spending some quality time in the kitchen cranking out good food.

No comments: