Wednesday, November 23, 2011

T'was the night before Thanksgiving

We are just hours away Thanksgiving, I made my shopping list and checked it twice. I have everything I need to make a feast. I spent my day focused on my mise en place. I chopped all my onions, celery and garlic. So tomorrow when I wake up all I have to do is assemble, with very little chopping and prep work.

I also made my mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce and pies. I would have made the dressing too but I ran out of room in my refridgerator so I have to wait until the morning to do that. Most of my afternoon was spent playing refidgerator Tetris.  It was a struggle to fit in all the side dishes, a turkey and the booze for tomorrow. I managed to get it in all in now I am ready for a glass of wine and some shut eye before the big day.

I am wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving Eve, and Thankgiving! Enjoy the family, friends and food!

P.S. Sorry if this post is all over the place I am exhausted and struggling to keep my eyes open.

No comments: