Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bacon Jam!

Today we went to lunch with friends and as I looked over the menu, i couldn't really decide what to get.  Then something caught my eye under the grilled cheese sandwiches. There was an aged chedder grilled cheese with bacon jam and fresh tomatoes.
I looked at other items on the menu, but something just kept bringing me back to that grilled cheese sandwich. So I ordered it and I am so happy I did! To start the cheese was melted perfectly and the bread was the right combination of crunchy and chewy. Which for me is key to a good grilled cheese. What really made this sandwich was the bacon jam.
The bacon jam was salty but I was suprised because it was sweet too. The sweetness reminded me of carmalized onions. It was the perfect condiment for a grilled cheese sandwich. The saltiness cuts through the richness of the cheese and sweetness balances the sharpness of the aged chedder. I would have to say this was the best grilled cheese I have ever had. I really do greated that to the bacon jam. Seriously, everything is better with bacon!

No comments: