Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thai Food week

A new week has begun and with it a new country. This week is Thai food.While I love Thai food, I am really nervous about taking this on this week. I don't know if its the exotic ingredients that make me nervous or just a new cooking style and method that have me uneasy? In any case I am going to attempt it. I am going to give it my best shot.

I have no clue what my first dish is going to be, so I need to figure that out by tomorrow. I'll be honest part of me wanted to back out and pick something easier. However, the whole point of this challenge for me is to push my shelf outside of my cooking comfort zone. To be ok with mistakes and mishaps. This week is really going to be a test for me.  

I should probably stock up on extra beer for Cory, poor guy is going to need it. I am sure there will be at least a couple of kitchen meltdowns before this week is over. This week will be an adventure for sure. cooking Thai food will be like going to gym. I may not like it but I'll be happy with the results when I am done!


No comments: