Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Drunk Blog Bucatini with Mushrooms (sort of)

So I had written this post earlier today and it was a great post. Somehow as I was proofreading that post it got erased. Which really mad me mad. Because I was really excited and pleased with what I had written. Anyway, I didn't have time to rewrite it because I had to get ready to head out to the Extraordinary Dessert book signing party tonight. So I told myself I would write this when I got home.
Almost four hours later and lots of wine and dessert later I am back to write the post on my first Italian dish of the week.
Since it was so hot this week over 80 degrees I decided against making something long simmering. Because I didn't want to heat up my apartment. So as I went through my Italian cookbook I decided to make  Bucatini with mushrooms.

The first steps to this were take dried mushrooms and soak them for twenty minutes. While those soaked I chopped up half of my fresh cremini mushrooms ( because Whole Foods didn't have the Procini Mushrooms the recipe called for).

While I was chopping I was heating up three tablespoons of olive oil and one clove of garlic in a pan. Once the oil was hot I added the chopped mushrooms and the dried mushrooms I had soaked earlier to the pan and let it cook for twenty minutes.


While this cooked I sliced the remaining cremini mushrooms in thin slices. And measured out a quarter cup of ricotta cheese in a bowl. Now that the mushroom mixture is done cooking the recipe called for me to add to a food processor to puree. I didn't feel like getting out the food processor so I put it tin the blender. Once pureed I added to the ricotta cheese and sitred it together.
Now its time to take the slice mushrooms, one clove of garlice, and one tablespoon of tomato paste and add to a heated pan to cook for fifteen minutes.

While this was cooking I was also cooking my pasta. Which was suppose to be bucatini but I couldn't find it so I substituted spaghetti instead. When the pasta and the last mushroom mixture was done, I poured he drained pasta into a big bowl and poured the ricotta cheese and mushroom mixture on top then I poured the sliced mushrooms with tomato paste on top of that. I mixed the pasta with the sauce and added a half cup of pasta water to it to loosen up the sauce.

The final product didn't look pretty but it tasted really good. It was a really savory earthy taste of the mushrooms with a little bit of creaminess from the ricotta cheese. I am tired now so I am off to bed.
Peace!

No comments: