Monday, October 24, 2011

Semana comida mexicana (Mexican Food week)

Oh happy, happy day! Since the day I started this challenged I've looked forward to this week. I LOVE Mexican food! It is truly my comfort food. When I feel sad or homesick I turn to Mexican food. So when I looked at the cooking schedule and saw that this week was Mexican I could hardly contain my excitement.

I am going to be honest Mexican food isn't really outside of my comfort zone. I am going to make a real effort to find recipes and dishes I've never made before so I still feel challenged. As I speak there is a pan of  enchiladas in the oven that I cannot wait to eat. I will be posting all the steps and pictures tomorrow.

I had a suggestion to make a new margarita everyday to go with the food. I am still thinking about that one. I am sure that at some point this week a margarita will make an appearance on this blog. Now comes the hard part what to make? So many recipes and only one week!

No comments: