Friday, October 14, 2011

My extraordinary night at Extraordinary Desserts

I've confessed that I am a bit of a cookbook junkie. I love a good cookbook, I love the pictures and looking at all the recipes and thinking of all the possibilities. However in the last year, I've made a real effort not to buy anymore new cookbooks, because I have so many already that I've never used. That all changed when I heard that one of my favorite bakeries was releasing a cookbook.
Extraordinary Desserts is hands down one of my favorite bakeries in San Diego or maybe anywhere for that matter. The cakes and desserts are as tasty as they are beautiful. Every Confection looks like a work of art and tastes Davine. Last night I was very lucky to attend the book signing party for the new cookbook Extraordinary Cakes.
This party was a foodie dream come true. Tables upon tables of beautiful delicious deserts to sample. I could hardly believe my eyes when we walked in. I was really happy I brought may camera. The best part of the night for me was finally being able to meet Karen Krasne the executive chef and owner of Extraordinary Desserts. She signed my book and we took a picture together. It was the highlight of my year.
I have admired her work for so long, and the business she created from the ground up. The party was a magical wonderland of great dessert, good food and good wine. I really couldn't ask for more. 




 The picture above is of Chocolate Creme Brulee with port wine it was AMAZING!!!
 Karen and I 

No comments: