Friday, October 28, 2011

Classic Mexican Coctail, Not a Margarita!

When most people think of Mexican cocktails the Margarita is the first thing that comes to mind. Margartia's and tequila sunrises. While I love a good Margarita, I wanted to explore other Mexican cocktails.

While researching recipes for this week I came upon a drink called a Chico. Chicos were a popular cocktail during the World War II era. As time went on people stopped ordering Chicos in favor of the ever popular Margarita.

As I read the recipe for Chicos, I thought man this sounds really, really good. I think if more people tried Chico's they would agree. Maybe we could bring Chicos back! Since the weekend is here, why not give this cocktail a try.

Chicos:
1 shot sliver tequila
1 shot blackberry liqueur
Fresh lemon juice
Simple syrup
soda water
Fill a tall glass half full of ice. Add the tequila and the blackberry liqueur. Fill a shot glass with one-third lemon juice and two-thirds simple syrup; pour over ice. Top off the glass with soda water. Stir.

Cheers! TGIF!

No comments: